Here are some figures relating to the trial:
- Of the 15 member jury panel, 12 will sit in judgment. three found out that they were alternates. A further three were excused over the course of the trial.
- Of the 42 charges the jury will deliberate and decide, Black faces 13 charges (nine counts of mail and wire fraud, one count of racketeering, one count of obstruction of justice and two counts of tax fraud), Boultbee and Kipnis - 11 each, and Atkinson seven.
- The defendants are charged with stealing $60 million for Hollinger International Inc.'s shareholders.
- Black faces 90 years in prison if convicted on all charges.
- There were 15 weeks of testimony.
- 40 witnesses were called to the stand.
- 700 documents were submitted for scrutiny.
- The win rate for federal prosecutors in Chicago is 90%.